Thursday, March 3, 2011

Inspiration

Ok, so tibit about me, I am a geek. Like a MAJOR geek. But I'm a girly geek. I love the girly stuff like owls, and deer, and many things whimsical.

But there is also a side of me that goes CRAZY over things like, Batman, Ironman,Comic books, collectibles, DC, Marvel, etc...........

I can't help it. Growing up I had a huge tomboy side. I still do, but I can tell that I am getting girlier about things as well. Comics actually are what inspired me to want to draw. I was so amazed by everything that I saw and decided that I wanted to do that as well.

I was actually going to school for animation.I was ready to move my family to California and pursue my dream to be an animator. But then of course more kids decided to sneak on through and some other troubling issues that prevented me from taking those steps. (I'm actually fine with that because then I wouldn't have met my hubby now who I heart!!!!!) Oh and did I mention that he is an artist too? Score!

We pretty much have the same taste in art so I LOVE talking to him about it. (We were up until almost 2 in the morning last night talking about it. It's the little things for me.)

And one person that we greatly admire and feel he is SUCH a great inspiration to the both us of is Jim Lee.



We were watching Youtube videos of him drawing live. He is amazing. It just comes so natural to him. He can be quick and yet still be so accurate. Watching him inspires me to want to do more. And become better. I know that you can do amazing things with your art, but you can always learn new styles and ways to just become better. And that's what I want to do. And my hubby and I talked about having  night together where we just draw. Even if it's for an hour. *swoon*

I am so excited. I feel by doing this we'll  be able to come up with SO many more ideas and creations. 

And to be able to share this with someone I deeply love makes it SO much better. I can't wait to share more of what I am doing with you all. 




















Seriously AMAZING!!!!!! (source)



  
♥ xoxo ♥

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you Etsy shop.. your talent amazes me.... And owls? love them~ one of the first things I look for when I go thrifting.
    And only family and close friends read my blog but i am totally putting your button up!!! So they can visit your cute blog also...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Sarah you are so sweet! I'm the same way over owls. I can't help it. I actually have some drawn up now. ;-)
    And I LOVE your blog! It's so sweet and fun to read!
    I'll let you know when the opening is exactly and maybe I can even do something custom for you! ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your comments! I promise that I read every comment and will do what I can to write back! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...